Friday, November 14, 2008

It's Friday evening and after a very long flight... with a stopover in Satiago, Chile... I arrived about 4:20 this afternoon. I managed to get a decent sleep of 5-6 hours between Toronto and Chile, so arrived feeling ok. I was also fortunate to acquire a bottle of the Macallan Elegancia (1L at a very good price) from the duty free so felt I made a good decision not to try to squeeze a bottle of the malt into my already stuffed suitcase before I left. So, hey, I all set, right? Not too much to complain about at this point.

Here's a coincidence for you... I've just gone through the security check during our wait in Santiago and look back at the lineup behind me and see two people waving at me... Julie Lawson (one of our authors) and her husband... they were on the flight down from TO and were headed for B.A. for 2 weeks in Patagonia and then 3 more in northern Argentina, I think. An adventurous couple... there will likely be a book in it somewhere...

I'll go out and grab something to eat once it approaches something like the dinner hour around here (after 9pm) and then hit the rack early. I've got to be at the domestic airport (15 mins away) by 6am for my 7:00 flight to Salta. All of which should mean I'll be fishing by noon... hopefully.

I'll save the tango experience for my return....

No comments: